Hi,

As some of you know, I have been working on a partnership between the
Mozilla community and GNOME in order to grow our campus outreach
initiatives. Now that I have more information about what we need to do in
order to participate, I am reaching out to all of you to ask if you are
interested in helping.

Mozilla has an initiative called Mozilla Campus Clubs [0]. At the end of
September they will be running a pilot program on ~20 campuses in the
United States. The goal of the program is to get students involved in Open
Source.

Since our community is interested in expanding outreach to students, this
is a great opportunity for us to work with existing student groups who want
to learn to contribute to GNOME. Mozilla's platform provides us with
templates so we can easily structure activities for students to use during
their events. You can see an example of a template on Github [1].

I think that it would make the most sense for us to use the existing
Newcomers Guide [2] as a starting point and modify it to create some
activities for Campus Clubs. I will attend the next regular meeting of the
engagement team to talk more about this, but please let me know what your
initial thoughts are, and whether this is something you're interested in
helping with!

Thanks!
Meg
[0] https://campus.mozilla.community/