I'm happy to help with editing/review of release notes, news story, etc.

Emily

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 8:46 AM, Allan Day <a...@gnome.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> The next GNOME release is scheduled for 14th March - exactly one month from
> today. This means that it's time to think about release marketing!
>
> Things that we usually do for releases include:
>
> Release notes
> Screenshots for the release notes and screenshot pack
> News story for gnome.org
> Email Friends of GNOME donors
> Social media plan
> Release video
> Support release parties
>
> We will need help with many of the other tasks if we are to complete them on
> time. (I'm happy to focus on the text for the release notes and probably the
> news story.) Please let me or another team member know if you are interested
> in helping out.
>
> Also, if you have any ideas for other things we could do, it would be great
> to hear them.
>
> Some tentative deadlines for this:
>
> 28 February - release notes finished and released to the translation teams
> 7 March - send press packs out under embargo
> 14 March - publish news story and release notes, email Friends of GNOME
> donors
>
> This is a slightly more aggressive schedule than we've done in recent years,
> but it is really what we should be doing in order to give translators enough
> time and to allow press outreach to happen.
>
> How does that sound?
>
> Allan

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius,
power and magic in it. -  Goethe

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't
matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr.Seuss

Every step is a first step if it's a step in the right direction. -
Sir Terry Pratchett