On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 2:15 AM, Nuritzi Sanchez <
nurit...@stanfordalumni.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 6:48 AM, Alexandre Franke <afra...@gnome.org>
> wrote:
>

>> Two more things I noticed:
>> * There is no notion of timeframe. It would be good to set
>> (reasonable) expectations without necessarily making them a hard
>> requirement.
>>

> Can you please explain this further -- what would the timeline be for?

As the ones processing requests, I’m sure you need a bit of time to review
them and get back to people making the requests. Would you say asking for
funds on the day of the event is fine? I suppose it’s not, and in that case
what are your expectations?

As a concrete example, I am going to make a request for a social event to
occur during the Fractal hackfest sometime between May 10th and 13th. When
would you say would be a reasonable deadline for me?

> * It says “Total budget requested in USD” but the board agreed that
>> foundation members shouldn’t have to take the hit for fluctuations in
>> conversion rates, and other currencies are supported by the tools we
>> use for reimbursement. Therefore the approved amount should be in the
>> currency preferred by the requester.
>>

> Good point. I changed the language in two places (in bold) to help with
> this:
>
> How much can I request?
>> Each request will be processed on a case-by-case basis, so please tell us
>> how much you think you'll need and why. To set expectations, we hope most
>> event organizers will *request under the local currency equivalent of ~
>> $100 USD*, since our funds are limited, but we will consider each
>> request.
>

> AND
>

> How do I request funds?
>> Please include:
>> - Information about the event like what the event is, why it's
>> GNOME-related and how it will benefit the community, and when the event
>> will happen
>> - How many attendees are estimated to attend
>> - What the budget will be used for (e.g. snacks and drinks)
>> - *Total budget requested in local currency*
>

> Let me know if you have suggestions for alternate wording, or if you see
> other places where we should revise.

I would suggest “preferred currency” rather than “local”, but otherwise
this looks good.

Cheers,

--
Alexandre Franke