--- Begin Message ---
On 8/28/20 11:46 AM, Werner Koch wrote:
On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 22:30, Christian Riechers said:

There's just no gpgme DLL file in there. But then I'm still not sure
what exactly I'm supposed to look for.

Actually there are two copies of gpgme installed by Gpg4win:

   c:/Program Files (x86)/GnuPG/bin/libgpgme-11.dll

and the second copy is

   c:/Program Files (x86)/Gpg4win/bin/libgpgme-11.dll

Use either one.  The former can even be installed with the standalone
GnuPG installer (2.2.22 as of yesterday).

Thanks. By now I've removed gpg4win, and installed gpg 2.2.22 using the standalone installer.
I do see the libgpgme-11.dll file in C:/Program Files (x86)/gnupg/bin/.

The C:/Program Files (x86)/gnupg/bin/ directory is in the Windows system PATH environment variable. Yet Thunderbird does not load the DLL with the pref mail.openpgp.allow_external_gnupg set to true. There is no occurrence of 'gpgme' in the error console.

Is there any way to tell Thunderbird where to look for the DLL? I'm really wondering how this worked at all for others.

In case it matters, this is on Win10 Pro v2004.

--
Christian

--- End Message ---