On 23.10.2020 15:57, Andreas Hirsch wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> Patrick Brunschwig schrieb am 25.09.2020 um 07:31:
>> On 25.09.2020 07:28, Mark wrote:
>
>>> Currently I'm using TB 68 with Enigmail and GPG4Win on one system.
>>> I would like to try out TB 78 with it's Open PGP but want to test
>>> it on a separate machine which does not have TB, Enigmail, nor
>>> GPG4Win on it at all.
>>>
>>> How would be the best way to accomplish this so that it imports my
>>> private and public keys into it?  The mail itself can be
>>> re-downloaded off the servers so not real worried about that. I'm
>>> just not sure how best to handle the PGP keys.
>>
>> Read the following article:
>> https://sourceforge.net/p/enigmail/forum/announce/thread/7dcd29e5f9/
>
> 'With the Thunderbird 78.2.1 release, OpenPGP in Thunderbird is
> considered complete, and upgrading of installations from Thunderbird 68
> to 78 was activated.'
>
> In the meantime, only at one pc in my bussines and private relations
> migration was offered.
>
> So I have two questions:
>
> - do you have any information wether the automatic migration process
> hast been stopped?

Automatic migration has been enabled and re-disabled a few times due to
bugs and problems with TB 78. AFAIK, migration should currently be
enabled, but a low rate.

> - do you recommend to start migration by hand?

I can't give a recommendation. But here is a thought: if the Thunderbird
developers would be 100% convinced that everything is perfectly fine,
they would probably push migration more actively and at a higher rate
than they do.

-Patrick