On 3/6/06, Aleksej Struk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:01:13PM +0200, Hisham Mardam Bey wrote:
> // On 3/6/06, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> // > On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:06:18 +0100 Anders Troback <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> // > babbled:
> // >
> // > > Hi,
> // > >
> // > > it should be very nice if there was a way to have a transparent option
> // > > for the desklocker! Now I'm using xtrlock but it have been nice to have
> // > > it in E!
> // >
> //
> // > not really possible - not without grabbing the screen. not going to be
> doing those hacks. you will get trans when finally we do compositing in e18
> or e19 (and xcomposite etc. is ready for use). when that happens the existing
> design will work perfectly and "just work" (tm). we wont have to REMOVE hacks.
> // >
> //
> // I believe Anders want to simply not display desklock's bg, ie, have
> // the desktop showing, and have it locked, like the first version of
> // desklock. So we would simply have to not display the desklock bg.
>
> Basically create a transparent background.edj and thats all. :)

Perhaps split the edje into two groups:

1) the box where the password typing is shown
2) the bg

And allow the user to hide the bg (option), and make the password box
show only when they start typing (also option)? That way it works just
like xtrlock until you start typing stuff. It would need more work
though, like when you press enter, or escape, the entry box is hidden
etc. so I wonder if its really worth it (=

At any rate, the easy way to do this is to provide the option to not
display the edje hence giving you the transparent xtrlock effect
you're looking for.

--
Hisham Mardam Bey
MSc (Computer Science)