On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:14:57PM +0200, Hisham Mardam Bey wrote:
// On 3/6/06, Aleksej Struk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
// > On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:01:13PM +0200, Hisham Mardam Bey wrote:
// > // On 3/6/06, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
// > // > On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:06:18 +0100 Anders Troback <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
// > // > babbled:
// > // >
// > // > > Hi,
// > // > >
// > // > > it should be very nice if there was a way to have a transparent
option
// > // > > for the desklocker! Now I'm using xtrlock but it have been nice to
have
// > // > > it in E!
// > // >
// > //
// > // > not really possible - not without grabbing the screen. not going to
be doing those hacks. you will get trans when finally we do compositing in e18
or e19 (and xcomposite etc. is ready for use). when that happens the existing
design will work perfectly and "just work" (tm). we wont have to REMOVE hacks.
// > // >
// > //
// > // I believe Anders want to simply not display desklock's bg, ie, have
// > // the desktop showing, and have it locked, like the first version of
// > // desklock. So we would simply have to not display the desklock bg.
// >
// > Basically create a transparent background.edj and thats all. :)
// >
// >
//
// Perhaps split the edje into two groups:
//
// 1) the box where the password typing is shown
// 2) the bg

This is what is already done. Because of this I said - create an
transparent background. But I think it is not necessarily to have this
transparency.

From my opinion - what locker should do is to lock and not
to show what is on the desktops. :)

// And allow the user to hide the bg (option), and make the password box
// show only when they start typing (also option)? That way it works just
// like xtrlock until you start typing stuff. It would need more work
// though, like when you press enter, or escape, the entry box is hidden
// etc. so I wonder if its really worth it (=

// At any rate, the easy way to do this is to provide the option to not
// display the edje hence giving you the transparent xtrlock effect
// you're looking for.
//
// --
// Hisham Mardam Bey
// MSc (Computer Science)
// http://hisham.cc/
// +9613609386
// Codito Ergo Sum (I Code Therefore I Am)
//
//
// -------------------------------------------------------
// This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language
// that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast
// and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!
// http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid0944&bid$1720&dat1642
// enlightenment-devel mailing list
// enlightenment-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

Aleksej Struk
Master Degree Student
Free University of Bozen-Bolzano
Faculty of Computer Science
phone: +39-0471-061749
cell phone: +39-3204627049 +370-61278908
[EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.