I've tried to pipe the output to `less`, but it didn't work. I'll test it
against tmux later.

> On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 14:12:27 -0300 Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
> <vini.ipsma...@gmail.com> said:
>
> > Just to let you guys know that support to Terminology extended escape
> > sequences has been added to mdcat: https://github.com/lunaryorn/mdcat
>
> that's awesome man!
>
> is there anything we can help you with? i just quickly scrolled down
> https://github.com/lunaryorn/mdcat/pull/16 ...
>
> i see 2 issues. 1 is remote references. they woth for popups but not inline
> (tycat won't work, but typop will).

They worked on my tests. Maybe new code landed and you missed, but the
media is discarded as soon as you scroll down and re-downloaded again when
you scroll up.

Caching the media so I don't have to download it every time I scroll down
or up again would be great.

even if we did download them... we'd have
> to STORE them somewhere... because we're sure not going to keep them in
> RAM. at
> least stored they don't take precious ram all the time. so terminology will
> also use tmp files too with references to remote url's anyway. if you do
> it or
> terminology does... it won't make much of a difference. :)

There's one important difference.

If Terminology creates the files and cache them, then Terminology will keep
an open fd to these files. If I clear my `/tmp` folder, Terminology will
still work properly. mdcat can't do that as the application closes as soon
as the file is printed.

the other is
> fr/fs/fx ... that literally is for file sending. it's zmodem for
> terminology.
> tysend is a quick handy tool to run to do this. sample code is really just
> that
> - sample code, but it will begin a file send transaction and send file
> blocks.
> the terminology side will see the request and pop up a file selector with
> the
> ability to abort, and then put up a progress bar. it's not what you want i
> think.

Thanks for the explanation.

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira