On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 22:20:58 -0300 Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
<vini.ipsma...@gmail.com> said:

> > tycat doesn't work because it needs to know size before emitting escapes
> > thus
> > has to load the file and tycat wont bother to download.... :) but yes - the
> > basic media object can just download to a tmp file itself....
> >

> In the code I've written, I just set it to occupy half of the terminal
> height and I use ic escape sequence to not lose the aspect ratio.

aaaah. that's a bit of cheating... but sure. :)

> I think the best solution would be to turn the tycat into a pager, but I
> don't know what is the author opinion on this.

well i wrote it... :) really the tyls, tycat etc. tools are samples of how to
make the escapes work for something real. they are not serious cmdline tool
efforts. i always thought that'd ultimately be done by existing cmdline tools
like your mdcat :)

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com