On 10/05/18 13:20, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Wed, 09 May 2018 17:17:14 +0000 Mike Blumenkrantz
> <michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com> said:
>
>> While I can see some summarization of meeting items on the relatively
>> obscure https://phab.enlightenment.org/V33, which is inaccessible to anyone
>> who has not been avidly following the mailing list archives--ie. will never
>> be visible to any new community members--this is not quite the same as
>> recording the minutes of a meeting.
>
> see the ticket that this was all about. it's there in the ticket itself in the
> body. that is where the conversation was happening so it's summarized there.
>
> https://phab.enlightenment.org/T6740
>
> i don't see why etherpad is needed. we have plenty of tools on phab for this.
> no one disagreed with a wiki page.
>
> you were talking as if people need to have it explained to them what minutes
> are:
>
> "Typically for meetings where items of substance are discussed, the minutes
> will be recorded for posterity: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minutes";
>
> marcel already said:
>
> "But i agree in general that there should be a wiki page for monitoring
> contents of the meetings and some them up."
>
> ... so again. i see no reason why minutes will not be taken and recorded.

What I would like to see and I think what Mike is getting at is a wiki
page either on the main wiki or somewhere on phab, which atleast lists
all the links to the meeting summaries rather then just having obscure
phab links to them. Even better would be if all the summaries were also
just in one page so you didn't have to click links to follow the
previous meetings.

Cheers

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30