Hi,

Since Edi is no longer hosted on e.org it seemed inappropriate to push it
to old download locations. It has been posted on GitHub for years so it's
not the immediate transition that it seemed to you.

The .gz -> .xz was an artifact of moving to Meson which was done in
parallel with E - neither had a major version bump, and why would it as
that was not delivering any significant improvement to the users of the app.

If there is any build problem let me know, but moving from one to another
will happen. I have updated the blog post for any packagers following -
thanks for the reminder.

Andrew

http://andywilliams.me
http://ajwillia.ms