On Mon, 3 Sep 2018 12:05:12 +0200 Vincent Torri <vincent.to...@gmail.com> said:

> On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 10:59 AM Al Poole <nets...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I agree with you there Marcel. It's an awful lot of work with zero
> > guaranteed improvement
>
> and a lot of time not spent on development nor fixing bugs

That is why my opinion is that any move has to be clearly absolutely worth it.
At this point I am unconvinced it is, but keeping mind I haven't poked around
gitlab yet - I haven't had the time. I am just speaking from many years of
experience. There is no silver bullet.

Phab has its issues. Gitlab will too. If we had nothing and no history, data
etc then it wouldn't be much of a question on what to choose today, but we have
a wealth of data inside phab and losing or degrading that is going to hurt a
lot and my take is that unless it will be a pretty-much-perfect migration of
data, sit and wait for better solutions to appear. I need to look though...

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com