On Jan 18, 2008 1:57 PM, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ben Martin wrote:
> > Unfortunately its too early to demo gevas on meamo and its
> > integration... maybe in 6 months
>
> You've been doing or will do more work on that? Great! I'm very
> interested in combining glib and ecore mainloops. What's your general
> experience with that? (yes, I've seen gevas in CVS).

AFAICT it uses another thread that communicates using pipe.

I already talked to raster about ecore-glib mainloop integration and
the problems so far are:
 - ecore cannot be created on top of glib because it have more
primitives (idler_enterer, idle_exiter)
 - glib cannot be created on top of ecore because it expects the
primitives to be thread-safe, so you can use g_idle_add() and
g_timeout_add() from threads, people often use this to schedule things
to be run on the graphics thread (instead of using pipes).

So we can have both approaches: suggesting glib to have more
primitives or adding locks around globals manipulation.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri