On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 01:09:10 +0200 Stefan Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> Hello.
>
> On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 09:52, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> >
> > stand back and look at the problem - what are you trying to convey to the
> > user?
>
> I like to show the strength of a wifi network to the user. A simple
> bar that is relativ to the signal strength. I have the strength as a
> real number besides this, but a bar gives the user a way faster idea
> about how good the signal is.
>
> Now the signal strength value is something I only have during runtime
> inside my code.
>
> So the toplevel question is how can I manipulate the RECT size I
> defined once in the edc to match the new runtime size?

hint. u really want to take a look at the battery module. it uses message
passing. u can pass edje a message with strings, floats, ints and multiple
messages. think of it as abstract IPC - but to your gui. then the edje design
parses the message in a message handler - and then does whatever it likes with
the gui. it could manually set a part to a custom state and set parameters
(like rel1/2 offset/relative or color, image and other things)... :) you want
to abstract your messages and ideas ata higher level and have the ui figure out
what to do. don't force it to be size X - just say "hey - i have signal
strength 0.6 out of 1.0 - u go figure it out" :)