Diego Hernan Borghetti wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008, Kim Woelders wrote:
>
> Hello all:
>
>> blender (-w) sets _NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED_VERT and
>> _NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED_HORZ (and WM_NORMAL_HINTS x,y = (0,0) w,h =
>> (screen size)) before mapping.
>> This might not be handled properly.
>
> And it's not correct, the current code in blender (trunk) make really bad
> thing, like change the property and not send the ClientMessage.
>
> I already fix this problem (but the change are in another branch, 2.50), I
> go to check this and merge into trunk for the next release, but it's not a
> problem of E, the new code work fine... tested here, Blender dev and a
> very old E user ;)

Well, I tested with blender-2.46, and I am fairly convinced that it sets
_NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED_HORZ and  _NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED_VERT in
_NET_WM_STATE before mapping the window, which seems to me to be a
perfectly valid if not the best way to request a maximised window on
startup.
If in stead you send the _NET_WM_STATE client message after mapping the
window the WM may have to change the window size which causes some
initial uglyness.

/Kim