On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 09:12:25AM +1000, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> > Note that the i.MX31 has a PowerVR MBX graphics core which is not
> > documented publically. What's proposed as OpenGL ES support is a
> > proprietary blob of source code which can be get under NDA from
> > Freescale.
>
> yeah. i have yet to see any powervr gfx chip have drivers anything
> other than closed for GL (and with some nda etc. attached).

Btw, it may also be interesting to have a look at the Intel Atom
graphics chip here, because it has the same problem. Although it is
called GMA500 (and Intel documents their graphics controllers very well
these days), Wikipedia states that the GMA500 is also a PowerVR core:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA#GMA_500

So I'm wondering if it will be documented some day ...

rsc
     Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9