On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 9:16 PM, Mark Dickie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As another long-term enlightenment user (since at least 2000) who has
> never entered these discussions before I'd like to add by tuppence
> worth too. Saying that you wish to increase the community while at the
> same time creating a serious rift which may cause people, devs or
> users, to be put off or leave is nonsensical.
> There is an established policy regarding licensing and it seems to a
> relative outsider to be both foolish and frankly rude to insist that
> your way is best when flying in the face of that policy when there is
> no concensus for change.

This policy is not fitting current developer's need anymore, at least
a big part of active developers. These developers are willing to
invest even more efforts, making EFL even better, but they want some
changes.

People already said about forks and do these kind of things out of CVS
or main project tree, but really, most of ACTIVE developers either do
not care or are pro-LGPL, thus if one forks it, probably current cvs
would die.

Before anyone reply to this mail to flame me, just check the amount of
benefits from those that are strictly BSD and those that want to move
to LGPL, than judge who is doing any work and who is talking. I really
wonder why these guys that do no code nowadays want so strongly to
talk about these stuff, give up, go away, or help.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems