Luchezar Petkov wrote:
>> Cedric was interested on the project by himself and because it was
>> technically good, i think having a common library for data types is
>> something we all agree. I think he will reply on this. And yes,  the
>> license do has something to do with this, as *i* want it to be lgpl.
>>

> Ok, let's stop here. It's not about what you want. It's about what we all
> want.
> I, and a lot of people in our community do NOT want our CORE base of
> libraries to be licensed with different licenses. I don't care about
> "third-party" (or non-core) things like Etk or Evolve or Edje_Editor or some
> theme/module or Ewl, etc, etc. I personally made the compromise to relicense
> my contribution (of about 80 icons) to Evolve because I respect Hisham and
> his choice. And I'm not against LGPL or any other license, but we MUST keep
> your CORE code base consistent. As you all already saw it's nearly
> impossible to move our code base to another license, so just simply KEEP IT
> BSD!

      "Our" core base libs? Obviously there's a difference in opinion
between various contributors to these core libs. Consistency may or may
not be the ultimate aim, and the growth of the project may depend on
changes... But whichever way it goes, it would be up to those who are
working on the code and doing real contributions on those libs - growth
as the market decides.
      If it's someone or else's dictated views, and that does not address the
concerns of current or potential developers, then you may well find this
becoming a very small project indeed, or simply remaining the elitist niche
it's been for so very long.