On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Luca De Marini
<luca.darkmas...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I think you're looking for an individual developer, willing to get
>> code done and hopefully the guy continue working on the project (same
>> aim as GSoC). But if you cannot find any and want to contract a
>> company, ProFUSION can do such work. Our employees (myself included)
>> are doing some minor hackings here and there, trying to give back to
>> the project that we use as daily window manager and also the great
>> libraries, but we cannot afford allocating a full resource to fix all
>> efm issues on our own.
>
> That would be great but I'm quite pragmatic on this approach. I know that
> making a better working E will just attract more developers and users, so I
> look for immediate needs of my distro and for the future too. I don't
> believe that a coder will get interested in the project only because I pay
> him to work on it. But I think that I need a filemanager in my distro and
> thunar is not the perfect choice. It is not integrated in the distro,
> therefore I cannot use it for all my porposes and it does not correctly
> interact with all modules (like places or drawer). Now I see in E17 even
> more potential than I saw before, lately there have been so many new
> implementations... I'm really excited.
>
> So, I need only a list of features EFM should have to be considered
> completed, some doc references and that's all. I'm going to pay someone to
> fix EFM and complete its features list. Paying one by one if necessary and
> if it's the best approach to the problem, and maybe it is. Both for my
> distro and the community, my distro, afterall, is FOR and OWNED by me and
> the community itself. So, what they ask me is what I want in the distro too.
> And we need a good EFM :)
>
> Anyone willing to help, please mail me a money offer if you prefer. In any
> case, I will find someone interested somewhere. I just need a features list
> and docs. Anyone can please provide these things? Raster?

Would this work? http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/Release
These are the blocking/showstopper, but maybe you can fill it bit more.

I'll keep ProFUSION out of this for a while, expecting some developer
to step in and give them preference, if you pick no one until next
week then I'll mail you. That way I don't get in the way of any
developer willing to work on it.

Regards,

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri