On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 8:09 AM, Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> the doc of ecore_time_get() says that it returns the number of second (as
> a double) from a specific date (because of gettimeofday()).
>
> On Windows, to simulate gettimeofday(), I have to do a lot of
> computations, with a precision of 1E-3.
>
> I can use another option, to get a higher precision (1E-6 or 1E-9), with a
> lot less computations, but without returning the number of seconds since
> 1st january 1970.
>
> My question is: is ecore_time_get() used for something else that measuring
> the time between 2 moments ? If no, I think that I can use those high
> resolution timers on Windows.

Sometimes I use it to get real time, to print or insert in db, easy to
change if required, but I wonder: is your time in seconds, or what?
Isn't it easy to apply an offset and scale to get the number of
seconds, at least approximately?

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems