On Fri, 20 Feb 2009, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:

>>> Sometimes I use it to get real time, to print or insert in db, easy to
>>> change if required, but I wonder: is your time in seconds, or what?
>>> Isn't it easy to apply an offset and scale to get the number of
>>> seconds, at least approximately?
>>
>> then it will be exatly the same computations than the current code, with
>> just a higher precision. The problem is more the computations, which are a
>> bit heavy to get the same value than gettimeofday().
>
> Well, is it that heavy? I mean, the real code is used just few times
> per loop, if one uses ecore_loop_time_get() it's just one, so should
> not impact at all. But I'd say we can use a compile-time switch and
> let some embedded users choose the fast or the precise way.

well, in evil, i compute the # of seconds since 1st january 1970, then i
tranformat that to get something similar to gettimeofday, then
ecore_time_get() re-tranform again what i got to obtain the number of
seconds. That's why i say "heavy".

I wanted to avoid to add windows code, but maybe i should actually add it
in ecore, t avoid extra computations

Vincent