Vincent Torri schrieb:
> Hey,
>
> I think that, before the release, we should verify that the api is consistent.
>
> I think that, at least, we must verify that:
>
> 1) if a function has a _add sufix, the invert function must have the _del
> sufix
>
> 2) if a function has a _new sufix, the invert function must have the _free
> sufix.
>
> I have seen that, in all the graphic systems of ecore, we create a window
> with
> _new, but we destroy it with _del, which is not consistent with the other
> parts
> of evas / ecore.
>
> Do you think that we should (must ?) rename these _del functions to _free ?
>
> Vincent

In ewl we are using _destroy() as the opposite of _new(). I think the
_free() name can be misleading, because it's sounds like it's only going
to free the memory, where as _destroy() describes what it really does,
it calls the destructor. That can be more then freeing memory. Like
destroying child objects, freeing or closing other resources, etc.

Peter