On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Viktor Kojouharov
<vkojouha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 17:32 -0300, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Viktor Kojouharov
>> <vkojouha...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > If there's any way to communicate the direction, duration and distance
>> > to edje, then maybe it could be possible. Not sure how much info one
>> > could give with an edje signal. And the performance might degrade.
>>
>> just use edje messages instead of signals, you can give it an array of
>> floats. As for performance, yeah, it will suck with slower machines.
>>

> Actually, another idea which might work even easier (though it would be
> a bit more restricting), is to get all groups matching the
> 'e/desktop/background/*' glob. these groups can represent additional
> background elements, and they could have a data item, which specifies
> the speed coefficient, relative to the 'e/desktop/background' element.
>
>  E.g.: I could have an 'e/desktop/background/sun' group, which would
> show a sun. It would have a data item 'data.item: "relative_speed_x"
> "0.1" # (0.0 - inf). Then the sun would be offset by 0.1 of the
> background offset in the X direction. This is easier for implementation
> and easier for the themers to do, but it only offers movement relative
> to the main background object (but it will achieve what Rafael is
> suggestion, so I don't know whether more freedom is needed).

i dislike as you'll need a special case. In the other way you just
send some integers/floats that specify the overall state, for example:

    - this screen geometry (x, y, w, h)
    - the whole virtual size (w_all, h_all)
    - transition position (either -1.0..1.0, x_pos, y_pos...)

then one can do all the fancy stuff, maybe gradient will change based
on values, etc.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems