Great Idea !

But it doesn't need to be weekly because, it's a free project, there is no
engagement to produce something, no company behind.

Every 15days is still ok to me...

Even if I can't really help on development, I could help for that :)

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 10:05 PM, andres <andresbl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday 18 May 2009 02:49:58 Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> > On Sun, 17 May 2009 16:54:18 +0200 Thomas Gstädtner <
> tho...@gstaedtner.net>
> > said:
> >
> > this is odd... no one has disagreed. very strange... (note - complete
> > thumbs up from me!). i dont see it needs to be exactly weekly- but
> > "regularly" maybe every few days (1-10 days or so) as long as there is
> > regular news flow. i'm all for it. news is nicely stashed in svn for
> > revision history too :)
>
> A commit digest like this http://commit-digest.org/issues/2009-02-22/would be
> nice. Its a combination of:
> 1. A big paragrpah detailing what's new with links to relevant project
> pages
> 2. A couple of blog posts from developers related to changes made in that
> week
> 3. Software generated statics from the svn server
> 4. A list of bug fixes generated from the bug tracker
>
> The only thing I would change from that is the big paragraph at the begging
> with something more lighter to the eyes (not looking like brick) and more
> humanely written.
>
> The E.org version would be more lighter than this since there are no blog
> posts to include or a huge amount of projects to keep track off -which
> causes
> the kde guy in charge of this to be behind schedule more often than not-
>
> I think 3 and 4 are pretty easy to do since software for them is most
> likely
> written already. 2 will take care of itself once developers start blogging
> and it can be ommited if they dont.
>
> The real issue is 1. I think everyone should pitch in to make it easy for
> the
> guy in charge by marking the important changes. A good idea would be adding
> specific word to their commit comment like "[newfeature]" and
> "[improvement]"
> in order to easily search the SVN list archive for important changes.
>
> IF we automate much of the process and pitch in by tagging commits this
> will
> be pretty easy to pull off, specially if we take turns to put it
> togheter -the kde digest is done by one guy-. Once we get this going we can
> add a section for it inside the "brochure" news page.
>
> That is all.
> dresb
>

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > in the "Twitter"-thread this week on the devel ML we had a discussion
> > > about how we could make a serious and regular "news"-section for
> > > E.org, not only external on twitter/facebook/etcpp.
> > > I already did some suggestions, but now I'd like to make it more
> > > concrete: As I see it, it would be best to have the news in a kind of
> > > digest form, not a lot of single items (that is what the existing
> twitter
> > > feed can be used for).
> > > Many projects do it based on a regular date - be it weekly, monthly or
> [...]

Steven Le Roux
Jabber-ID : ste...@jabber.fr
0x39494CCB <ste...@le-roux.info>
2FF7 226B 552E 4709 03F0  6281 72D7 A010 3949 4CCB