On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> then you wrap at 85.. then you say "but if we made it a little wider it'd be
> nicer" so it become 90, then "if its a bit wider" 95.. and so on. it doesn't
> end until you cease wrapping entirely. i think trying to stick to 80 wide is
> good.

Your words: i think *trying* to stick to 80 wide is good.

I think it's good too. And it's not scaling up. You have to fit in 80
columns, but there are exceptions. Automatic tools will not allow that
exceptions. The most enlightenment email thread about this issue I've
ever read is: http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-kernel/2009/11/12/4507182

> it's not a magic number invented for efl coding.

I know, but imho people get the rule of 80-char too strict and forget
its intent (see what Linus said on that thread). I'm all for warnings,
so people will think better about that chunk, not just reformatting.

Lucas De Marchi