On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 13:13:06 -0300 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
<barbi...@profusion.mobi> said:

> Exactly and these are the points I'm arguing with him... but he won't
> listen, it's his thing and it must be good for him and that's it.  So
> far I gave up on this, let's just make it a lib and we can have a "old
> fashioned" term for those who want them.

why are you even here? you should make e a lib and just make your own wm. :)
seriously. the terminal is just over 3 weeks old and you're bitching about me
not wanting to implement a feature the way YOU want it implemented, or me
saying "no - don't do it that way because i've got a better way" even though i
have given this more thought than you have by a long margin - i was thinking
this over weeks ago before i started on terminology, and have thought it
through a lot. i have a better idea - or what i believe is one. i want to do
it. i don't want to have to tear out some tab implementation or heavily re-work
it. if i dodn't have any idea what to do i might just be as uninspired and
just put tabs in like everyone else.

it is people like you that said that enlightenment was a waste of time. no one
wants pixmaps in their window borders, or wants shaped windows. how truecolor
wallpapers are such a waste and distracting and no one wants more than textured
simple bitmaps tiled. bevelled grey buttons is all they need and maybe the
ability to select font and color. i have been down this road of people who are
stuck in their box and want to try and force me to stay in their box too. if
didn't care i'd be happy in the same box. if i hadn't tried to imagine
something different or better, i'd stay in the box. the fact was that i hit on
a nerve - people WANTED something better. they were itching for change. for
improvement. for someone to break out of the tried and tested box. it worked. i
want to try something here. i've talked the idea over with several people (face
to face) and gotten ideas back and feedback. i want to see it happen.