On 12-08-26 13:04, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 01:03:01 +0200 Lionel Orry <lionel.o...@gmail.com> said:
>
> > On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <r...@1407.org>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I was supposed, since FOSDEM 2012, to try to install gitorious for later
> > > use by E developers when E moves to git after final e17 release.
> > >
> > > However, since Gitorious is a bit complicated to install

That's the main issue.

> other than imho looking a tad ugly... indefero looks like one of the best to
> me... has anyone ever used it or installed it.
>
> just to put things on the page here. what we want is to ultimately move to
> git.
> trac is a pita. it's bug reporter is simple - that's nice, but it has too many
> issues and is slow slow slow. it also can't manage svn access. we do that
> ourselves atm via svn devs dir and some scripts. so what we need is:
>
> 1. handles git (decently) - that means allows listing of git repos, browsing
> of
> src, commits, timeline etc.
> 2. handles commit access rights
> 3. tracks bugs/todo's
> 4. some kind of wiki documentation

5. code reviews?

> i'd prefer it to be easy to setup and maintain. i'd rather not use github,
> sf.net etc. due to historical issues with sf.net going down for extended
> periods and us getting stuck. also we are large enough to warrant our own
> setup
> and it gives us more freedom. we also happen to9 have the infra to do it so
> may
> as well use it. :)

With git, you're not screwed up when the "master" is down as you can have
multiple mirrors and can still commit locally. The kernel development didn't
stop when kernel.org was down.
The main issue with not hosting the system is that you can't setup as many
hooks as you'd like. I think that only the one that reformat the code on push
may not be able to set up at github, but you can very easily set up hooks to
message on irc, to close bug on track/whatever or github itself when some
keywords are used in the commit.

> personally i prefer php because coming from the c end of development.. it's
> the simplest to deal with. basically it is C with $'s in front of variables.
> :)
> but that's personal.
>
> as such indefero looks totally sweet to me. well rummaging through their
> pages.
> the question is... how good is it in real life? it looks to be relatively new,
> thus why i hadn't heard of it yet.

I couldn't find how their review system works.
Other than that it looks ok.

There's also gerrit that is widely known to do code reviews, but it really
sucks at code highlighting :( and it's only usefull at reviews and commit
access rights.

--
Boris Faure
Pointer Arithmetician