2012/11/28 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <barbi...@profusion.mobi>

> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Davide Andreoli <d...@gurumeditation.it>
> wrote:
> > 2012/11/27 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <barbi...@profusion.mobi>
> >
> >> Hi Dave,
> >>
> >> Would you change the per-fileman window opinfo to just show the info
> >> relevant to that window (source or destination)?
> >>

> > Hi,
> > I'm not sure that what you want is the "correct" behaviour...I have some
> > doubt,
> > for example:
> > what should happen if one start a long copy operation (thus the
> > progress is shown) and then change to another directory (in the same
> win)?
> > should the progress be hidden ? and then reshow when I come back
> > to that folder?  :/
> > I probably prefer it as is now: the fm is working, no matter what folder
> are
> > you browsing...
> >
> > other opinions?
>
> you can only change the directory if it's "in place", that's not the
> default setting.

yes, not the default, but it's mine setting :)

> I'd say that if you change the directory you must re-evaluate whenever
> you show or not the progress. if you go up, it hides. If you go back
> to it, it shows.

as you want it the user that change folder will have the impression that
the operation is over, while it's still working without any progress
indication...
then I need to go back to that folder to see the progress of my copy :/

sorry, but I really prefer it as it's now, so I'm not going to change it,
also IMHO
the efm has lots of other issues that are much more critical than this one.