On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 6:51 PM, Davide Andreoli <d...@gurumeditation.it> wrote:
> 2012/11/28 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <barbi...@profusion.mobi>
>
>> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Davide Andreoli <d...@gurumeditation.it>
>> wrote:

>> > Hi,
>> > I'm not sure that what you want is the "correct" behaviour...I have some
>> > doubt,
>> > for example:
>> > what should happen if one start a long copy operation (thus the
>> > progress is shown) and then change to another directory (in the same
>> win)?
>> > should the progress be hidden ? and then reshow when I come back
>> > to that folder?  :/
>> > I probably prefer it as is now: the fm is working, no matter what folder
>> are
>> > you browsing...
>> >
>> > other opinions?
>>
>> you can only change the directory if it's "in place", that's not the
>> default setting.
>>

> yes, not the default, but it's mine setting :)

i know, i know :-)

>> I'd say that if you change the directory you must re-evaluate whenever
>> you show or not the progress. if you go up, it hides. If you go back
>> to it, it shows.
>>

> as you want it the user that change folder will have the impression that
> the operation is over, while it's still working without any progress
> indication...
> then I need to go back to that folder to see the progress of my copy :/

AFAIR you could add the opinfo to the bg/overlay as gadcon, no? I
recall this used to work. Then you can unify (in a likely bigger
space) all the operations in one place. As it is, it may clutter the
UI a lot.

> sorry, but I really prefer it as it's now, so I'm not going to change it,
> also IMHO
> the efm has lots of other issues that are much more critical than this one.

that's for sure.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems