On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 11:51:04 +0900 Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Carsten Haitzler
> <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 09:46:42 +0900 Cedric BAIL
> > <cedric.b...@free.fr> said:

> >> At this point, just automated building will be a huge step
> >> forward...
> >
> > but we can't build on windows.. without a windows... install ... to
> > build on. :P
>
> Cross compilation is faster as far as I know for windows :-)

Vincent's Windows stuff was made to cross compile with mingw under
Linux.  That's the main delivery method he used.  So no need for a
Windows license to compile it.  And as Cedric said, at least that means
we can make sure compiling is not broken.  Leave the result easily
downloaded, and I'm sure people will download it to test it on their
expensive Windows installs.

BTW, I already have a qemu VM for Windows XP and 7 specifically for
testing stuff with.  I just can't bring myself to actually use it
much.  I hate Windows, but a lot of my users want it.  More
importantly, my girlfriend uses Windows.  She who must be obeyed must
be appeased.  Coz not sure which is more painful, using Windows, or
teaching her Linux.  lol