On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:59:48 +1000 David Seikel <onef...@gmail.com> said:

> On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 11:51:04 +0900 Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr>
> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Carsten Haitzler
> > <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:

> > > but we can't build on windows.. without a windows... install ... to
> > > build on. :P
> >
> > Cross compilation is faster as far as I know for windows :-)
>
> Vincent's Windows stuff was made to cross compile with mingw under
> Linux.  That's the main delivery method he used.  So no need for a
> Windows license to compile it.  And as Cedric said, at least that means
> we can make sure compiling is not broken.  Leave the result easily
> downloaded, and I'm sure people will download it to test it on their
> expensive Windows installs.

but we can't make sure that compiling *ON* windows is not broken. we also can't
verify if it runs properly or not (missing symbols, modules simply not loading
at all etc.).

> BTW, I already have a qemu VM for Windows XP and 7 specifically for
> testing stuff with.  I just can't bring myself to actually use it
> much.  I hate Windows, but a lot of my users want it.  More
> importantly, my girlfriend uses Windows.  She who must be obeyed must
> be appeased.  Coz not sure which is more painful, using Windows, or
> teaching her Linux.  lol

hahahaha! indeed. i just think we need to set up a shared vm that has a mingw32
dev env installed with dropbear/sshd so u can ssh in and "use it" to do builds
at least. with rdesktop you could verify rendering at least... and some
behaviour. i guess with vnc too... :)