Am Dienstag, 11. Juni 2013 schrieb Daniel Juyung Seo :

> Hello, this follows elementary policy.
>
> 1. focused object A lose its focus when another object is going to get
> focus.
> 2. an object is focused when it's clicked.
>
> so the sequence is
> 1. click object B
> 2. focused object A lose its focus
> 3. object B gets focus
>
> So only one object is focused at any point.
>
> It's not possible to unfocus other object before any other object is
> clicked.
> Because clicked signal will trigger unfocus signal.

So, as I already imagined, it's due to the current implementation.
Can't we trigger "unfocused" callbacks, before we trigger "clicked"
callbacks? I assume that it's the way it is, because Edje understands
"clicked" but not "focused", right?

> There is a sequence.

The sequence is contra intuitive from an observant's point of view.

> Thanks.

thank you!

--
Leif

> Daniel Juyung Seo (SeoZ)
>

> On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Leif Middelschulte <
> leif.middelschu...@gmail.com <javascript:;>> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to reset some global state once an object loses its focus and
> > set a different one, when another one is clicked.
> >
> > Let's assume the focuse switches from obj A to B via mouse click. The
> > problem is, that the "unfocused" callback of A is called _after_ object
> B's
> > "mouse clicked" callback.
> > This behavoir is imo - at least - contraintuitive, because the temporal
> > sequence is perceived differently. I think that an object has to be
> focused
> > for being clicked/when it's clicked, therefor the previous focus holder
> > must already have lost the focus, since only one object (on the same
> > hierarchy level) should be focused at the same time.
> >
> > See the attached example code, that exposes the behavior.
> >
> > --
> > Leif

Leif