Am Mittwoch, 12. Juni 2013 um 06:21 schrieb Daniel Juyung Seo:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 1:38 AM, Leif Middelschulte <
> leif.middelschu...@gmail.com (mailto:leif.middelschu...@gmail.com)> wrote:
>
> > 2013/6/11 Daniel Juyung Seo <seojuyu...@gmail.com
> > (mailto:seojuyu...@gmail.com)>

> > > seojuyu...@gmail.com (mailto:seojuyu...@gmail.com)(mailto:
> > > > > >

> > )>

> > object

> > implementation.

> > "clicked"
> > > > > >

> > > understands

> > > events.
> > > >

> > > Well, contradiction here.
> > > If an object is already focused, click does not emit focused signal
> > >

> > again.
> > > So "clicked while focused" doesn't happen.
> >
> > Sorry, that was more of a "goal description".

> > "clicked"
> > > >

> > > Well maybe I should check your fundamental requirement first, not wasting
> > > my time on this topic.
> > >

> > Sorry, I didn't mean to waste anybody's time here :-/
> >

> Explaining same thing a couple of times is not a happy job.
> But I wasn't intended to be agrressive though.

> > > outcome.
> > > Even your first email does not describe your goal.
> > > Can you show me more code?
> > >

> > I've attached an easy example.
> > Clicking on a button shall set the global state variable to some value. If
> > focus is lost, it should be reset to some other value.
> > As you can see, clicking on one button, and then the next, while using
> > "unfocused" callbacks, leads to a reset value.
> >

> Well here is a catch.
> You are chaning one global variable with different types of callbacks.
> "unfocused" and "mouse up".
> I would rather use "focused" + "unfocused" combination OR "mouse down" +
> "mouse up" combination.
> That's more correct logically, isn't it?

No, because one might want to use "clicked" in conjunction with "focused", as
I'll explain later.

> If you use different types of callbacks for one global variable there is no
> garuantee of call sequence.
>
> And I still don't get your final goal yet. Why do you change one global
> variable in "unfocused" and "mouse up"?

First of all: Thanks for you patience here :)
I am working on an ui that should be usable via touch or a rotary knob/keyboard
at the same time.
To allow the ui multicontextual usage of the rotary knob, I manipulate the X
events (could be a different elm call too, I know) the rotary knob emits as
input depending on the current ui context.

Scenario:
Two flipselectors (a,b) which are 'locked' by default.
Rotating the knob left/right will emit tab/shift tab respectively and thus
switch focus from one flipselector to the next. Clicking/pressing "Return"
while a flipselector is focused unlocks it and changes the rotary knob's
context to "Up"/"Down".
So here's where my problem with the missing "clicked while focused" event comes
in.
I switch the rotary knob's context to "Up"/"Down", when the touch interface is
used to select a flipselector, but it gets reset to default (Tab/Shift Tab)
behavior by the "unfocused" callback of the previously focused object.

> Thanks.
Thank you :)

Leif