On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 20:09:40 +0100
Davide Andreoli <d...@gurumeditation.it> wrote:

> Top posting as I'm not replying to a specif discussion...
>
> I don't want to enter the discussion about including it or not but...
> I suggest at least to remove the tiling1 module for the release, it is not
> maintained anymore, it is full of issue and the removal will push people
> to try and test the tiling2 instead.

I'm moderately certain that Tiling2 will get merged prior to the release given
the current timeline projections. If this is not the case as the release draws
closer, then this might be a good option which I had not considered.

At present, however, removing it would just mean that the old module wouldn't
build. Everyone who already has E installed would continue to have the old
tiling module installed (since few people uninstall before updating), so it
would just slightly inconvenience new git users.