On Wed, 9 Mar 2016 19:03:27 +0100 Leif Middelschulte
<leif.middelschu...@gmail.com> said:

> > Am 09.03.2016 um 15:26 schrieb Tom Hacohen <t...@osg.samsung.com>:
> >
> > On 08/03/16 18:14, Leif Middelschulte wrote:
> >> Hey,
> >>
> >> this is more of a question/feature request. Do you consider constraints
> >> definition compatible to Cassowary[0] (Apple speak: auto-layout) yet? An
> >> example of how such constraint definition could look like can be found in
> >> the following DSL: https://github.com/s4cha/Stevia
> >>
> >> Would be nice to have that considered (reserved keywords, etc.).
> >>

> > You love mentioning this one. :P
> Sure I do. Qt and others already have integration. Thus layouts working with
> iOS (autolayout) also work with Qt :-O
> >

> > This is out of scope. This language is a description language for
> > describing eo objects.
> Ah, the subject of this thread is "UI syntax", so I thought it was about a
> User Interface description DSL syntax. Maybe it just got me confused then ;-)
> > It is not a constraint solver or a layout engine.
> Sure, but the language discussed on this thread will be a replacement for
> edje's DSL, thus should contain keywords to configure bob (the future layout
> engine)?

no. this has nothing to do with bob or replacing or modifying edje. it's simply
widget layout description.

> > For that we'll need bob, where I think this is a much needed feature.
> Well afaii, bob would be an implementation of Cassowary for Evas_Objects,
> wouldn't it?

no - bob would literally be simpler and immediate. it literally would be "smart
objects implemented in lua" with  a system to on-the-fly generate all the lua
needed from a combination of data files shipped + hosted system ones + user
ones and be able to patch/modify (in a limited way) the code on the fly along
with a lot of efl api exposed to the bob lua code (in a sandboxed way) and then
most of bob work is in writing lots of pre-made lua objects that conform to a
standard api out to the host program (c/c++/whatever). some of bob is
standardizing what these api's will look like too - likely property + mvc based
with a bit of one-off signals. this will also be how one bobject would see
another and interact with it. in edje you have to glue objects together manually
on the native side (they are VERY sandboxed) but in bob i think we'd want
objects to talk to each other much more directly - saving a lot of code.