On 03/09/2016 08:29 AM, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Mar 2016 17:08:54 +1000 David Seikel <onef...@gmail.com> said:

>>> i personally think 2 spaces is fine. 4 is just "too much". the reason
>>> is most monospace fonts are taller than they are wide so "2" ends up
>>> a nice diagonal like:
>>
>> Aren't you the guy that made 3 space indenting the standard around
>> here?  ;-P
>
> :-P~

Well 4 is what most of the civilized world has agreed / standardized on
so I guess its not going to be that :P

On a more serious note, as someone who's brain is more visual spacial
oriented and much prefers and finds it much easyer to look at shapes and
colors rather then a wall of text 4 is significantly easier to read but
if were going to keep doing the crazyness of indenting braces then 2 is
fine because it really ends up being 4 ie

if (bob.isABogan())
  {
    doSomething();
  }

is pretty similar to what a "Normal person" would do

if (bob.isABogan())
{
    doSomething();
}

3 just messes with the musician in me that likes everything in multiples
of 4.

Cheers
Simon