On 06/04/2016 08:54 AM, Cedric BAIL wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just would like to start a thread regarding what is still pending
> for next release and what we should do about it. First let's start
> with what is not ready :
> - Most of the elementary widgets have not been renamed correctly to be
> in efl.ui namespace.
> - Edje and Elm.Layout have not been refactorized and properly
> inherited from each other.
> - Text interface is not there (this impact also entry, label and edje).
> - Genlist is also not there.
> - All eo object still needs a proper cleanup and use of own().
> - Uri manager is not there.
> - Color/Color_Class is not there.
> - Efl photocam is not there.
> - Efl video is not there.
> - Efl.Ui.Window is not there.
> - Efl.Ui.Focus cleanup is not there.
>
> Sone of the above have patch in review process that may land before
> Monday morning, but I prefer to just give the current status as I may
> not have time this weekend as I am moving. Also most of the API that
> have landed so far have not been tested in any real application and we
> don't really if they do fit their purpose (making life easier).
>
> It is obvious to me, and I am pretty to sure to everyone involved in
> the development of 1.18 that we can not do an alpha while some of the
> biggest change are not there yet. Now the question is should we delay
> the alpha ? Or should we make the alpha a technical preview followed
> by an alpha later on ? Should we just move on and delay the above
> change for 1.19, in which case all the new API need to remain BETA.
> Also if we do delay, how much longer is needed for a release ? Isn't
> it going to drag on ?
>
> Oh and did I miss anything in the above list ?

The technical Preview hasn't even been possible till now as building
elementary examples from a make dist tar fails for a number of reasons,
there is also no point in doing a alpha with known issues building it.
I'm yet to build with evas_generic_loaders / emotion generic players to
test that they build either, its probably worth someone building a dist
tar then actually compiling the contents before the alpha (I'll get to
that this weekend or next week).

Cheers

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                            Adeliade Australia, UTC+9:30