On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 10:59:48AM -0300, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Felipe Magno de Almeida
> <felipe.m.alme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sep 13, 2016 5:49 AM, <marcel-hollerb...@t-online.de> wrote:
> >>

> > [snip]
> >
> >> There could be a helper method which does the "fetch the loop and create
> >> the job" stuff.
> >>
> >> But with the feature of multiple efl loops in one process you have to
> >> decide on which loop to run the timer, i dont really see how you can get
> >> arround deciding that ...
> >
> > If we lived without one for so long we probably can have a default one.

There is ecore_main_loop_get(void).

The helper function could just take this function if NULL is given as
object to use for fetching the loop, anyway, with the possibility of
having multiple loops you have to device which loop to use... even if
you just trigger a mechanism to use the default one...

> not just that, but maybe all loop-users could provide loop functions
> themselves, so if I have a elm_window or an efl_net/efl_io that uses
> the loop I could do  o.timer_add(seconds) -> timer_obj, it would do
> the loop_get + efl_add() + set interval.

Yeah thats a good place to stuff in the helper methods.