> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Felipe Magno de Almeida
> <felipe.m.alme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sep 13, 2016 5:49 AM, <marcel-hollerb...@t-online.de> wrote:
> >>

> > [snip]
> >
> >> There could be a helper method which does the "fetch the loop and create
> >> the job" stuff.
> >>
> >> But with the feature of multiple efl loops in one process you have to
> >> decide on which loop to run the timer, i dont really see how you can get
> >> arround deciding that ...
> >
> > If we lived without one for so long we probably can have a default one.
>
> not just that, but maybe all loop-users could provide loop functions
> themselves, so if I have a elm_window or an efl_net/efl_io that uses
> the loop I could do  o.timer_add(seconds) -> timer_obj, it would do
> the loop_get + efl_add() + set interval.
>
> same for job, etc.
>
> also, why job is a promise while timer is not? this is confusing,
> should offer timer/idle_enter/idle_exiter/idler as a promise as well,
> no?

This is one of the issue that make me don't like promise!

Currently you are implementing promise only for async stuff that have a
single completion callback, so ecore_timeout is a promise while ecore_timer
don't.

This is highly confusing, timer and timeout are quite the same and they
should use the same API. If we are searching for a unified way to handle
async stuff we really should have ALL our async stuff to use the same
system.