Hello.

On 12/09/16 19:01, Cedric BAIL wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 7:58 AM, Stefan Schmidt <ste...@osg.samsung.com>
> wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> On 10/09/16 01:29, Cedric BAIL wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I fully agree with Andrew. I have yet to review what still need to be
>>> done regarding Efl new interface task, but I hope that 1.19 will be
>>> our final call. We do now have time to cleanup example and check that
>>> things look fine.
>>
>> Please correct me if I did not get you two correctly here.
>>
>> You both think we should release 1.19 only once the interface work is
>> fully done? Be it in 3 months or in a year?
>
> I hope that we will be done by November.

You still hope this?

I see the old pattern we had with feature based releases creeping in
again. We Say we can't release until X is done. Everybody work on Y and
Z and X does only progress slowly.

The goal with time based releases was to de-couple this and get a
release out with Y and Z ready while work on X keeps going and at some
point X will be done and it will be in the next release.

The whole style of not releasing until X is done is really only fine in
theory. Its not like everybody would have a unified view here and would
jump on the tasks and the threat of the release only going out when done
would speed things up.

What I see is the opposite to be honest. 1.18 was released over two
months ago and the thing everybody wants as blocker for 1.19
(interfaces) is progressing slowly and maybe even declining. At least
that is my feeling from what I see in the repo, the ml and IRC.

(Nobody working on interfaces should feel being blamed here thought.
This work is huge. But because it is so huge and important to get done
well I would like to see this de-coupled from the release process)

regards
Stefan Schmidt