On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 2:55 AM, Jérémy Zurcher <jer...@asynk.ch> wrote:
> <snip snip>
> I wrote a quick and dirty POC ...
> comments welcome

I was myself thinking of doing some macro magic. I would introduce a
EFL_START_TEST and EFL_END_TEST macro that will have two
implementation. One will initialize/shutdown for that tests suite
properly the needed dependency and the other implementation will just
add the case without executing the code in between.

Along with refactoring the main that is mostly a copy and paste in
most tests suite we have (except for eo) and providing a proper debug
mode that would restart that same binary under valgrind (A nice bonus
would be to automatically attach gdb in case of error), I think it
shouldn't be to much work to get things slightly better. The issue
will remain that most tests need some cleanup as described by Gustavo
and that's more time consuming.

I will try to prototype something quickly next week so that everyone
can get an idea.

Cheers,
--
Cedric BAIL