On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 1:14 PM brane212 <brane...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm pretty new with E, at least from under-the-bonnet perspective, so
> don't take offence if I'm asking the obvious.
>
> I'm interested in Wayland and can't make E to work with it, at least on
> Gentoo.
>
> I compiled development copy separately and it seems to be working, well
> at least for first few moments, until one hits some issue.

Feel free to file tickets for any issues you encounter.

> So I wonder, where is wayland work at this moment - it would be nice to
> know, what is expected to be fixed short-term and what
>
> demands more work. Simple VT-change locks my machine, multi-monitor is
> still not supported etc.

VT switching is known to be broken after some recent changes, multi-monitor
support is in progress.

> Is there a page, some kind of blog or similar that could be used as a
> changelog ?
>
> Branko

https://phab.enlightenment.org/w/wayland/ has some info, but we have very
few developers working on Wayland support and our limited resources are
typically dedicated to writing code and not blog posts or documentation.
You can ask around in IRC for more info, there are quite a few users there
who test/run Wayland regularly.