On 05/22/2017 12:54 PM, brane212 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm pretty new with E, at least from under-the-bonnet perspective, so
> don't take offence if I'm asking the obvious.
>
> I'm interested in Wayland and can't make E to work with it, at least on
> Gentoo.

In order to run the Wayland version of E, it requires the use of
systemd-logind. In my experience, a typical gentoo system does not use
Systemd so this may be one problem you encounter.

> I compiled development copy separately and it seems to be working, well
> at least for first few moments, until one hits some issue.
>
> So I wonder, where is wayland work at this moment - it would be nice to
> know, what is expected to be fixed short-term and what
>
> demands more work. Simple VT-change locks my machine, multi-monitor is
> still not supported etc.

Yes, VT-switching is broken at the moment due to Atomic support being
added. I will be looking into fixing this very soon. Multi-Monitor
support is already being worked on.

> Is there a page, some kind of blog or similar that could be used as a
> changelog ?

As Michael has stated, http://phab.enlightenment.org is being used to
track bug reports and issues. You can do an advanced search in Maniphest
to look for any Open bugs with the Wayland tag.