On Thu, 25 May 2017 09:35:08 -0400
Christopher Michael <cp.mich...@samsung.com> wrote:

> On 05/22/2017 12:54 PM, brane212 wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm pretty new with E, at least from under-the-bonnet perspective,
> > so don't take offence if I'm asking the obvious.
> >
> > I'm interested in Wayland and can't make E to work with it, at
> > least on Gentoo.
> >

> In order to run the Wayland version of E, it requires the use of
> systemd-logind. In my experience, a typical gentoo system does not
> use Systemd so this may be one problem you encounter.

elogind is available. I haven't had a chance to test this out. I think
you can hack around it temporarily by linking libsystemd to libelogind.
Then have EFL built with systemd support, assuming it likes the
libsystemd symlinked to libelogind. Otherwise may require modifying
build system, etc.

I have a bug open as to such.
https://phab.enlightenment.org/T5417

--