Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 21:09:27 -0500 Geoffrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> babbled:
>
>> I unplugged the usb transmitter for the keyboard and mouse and still,
>> the monitor was lit up the next morning.  More research I guess.
>
> as i said - i found a particular version of x - can't remember which, refused
> blank/power down. it would blank, turn off, then turn right back on again 1
> second later. this was ubuntu feisty's version i think. it got fixed in gutsy.
> it works now.

Yeah, this is a multi-boot box, so I'm going to try another distro for
grins.  I'm going to test other wm as well, to try and nail it down.  It
could well be a problem with Fedora 8.  I'm also going to put Fedora 8
and E on another box to see if the problem exists there.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin