Ravenlock wrote:
> On 12/20/2007 21:01, Geoffrey wrote:
>> Geoffrey wrote:
>>> So now it works.  I did update some files, so I'm guessing a bug was fixed.
>> And now it doesn't work.  I don't get it.  I don't see what has changed.
>>   I've not even rebooted this box or logged out.
>
> Are you using a screensaver in addition to using dpms?   If so which?
>
> Also,  try running the following script in a terminal to see if your
> dpms settings are getting changed without your knowledge:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> while [ 1 ]
> do
>         sleep 15
>         echo `date "+%d-%m-%Y-%H:%M"; xset -q | grep -e Monitor -e DPMS
> -e Standby`
> done
>
> might change the sleep value to a minute or so.

Yeah, I actually have been checking xset output and it appears DPMS is
on.  The weird thing is that I rechecked my power management settings
via E configuration and now it's working again.

I'm not sure what causes it to stop working and I'm not sure what causes
it to start working.  I'm going to start working on narrowing it down to
see if there's one specific thing that's causing this issue.  For
starters, I'm not going to change anything for a few days to see if it
continuously works.  If so, then I'll start doing one thing at a time,
like, I'll exit the window manager and log back in and see if it's still
working.  If not, I'll then check xset values and then reconfigure via E
and see if that fixes it.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin