On 11/12/2013 19:47, Mathias Meisfjordskar wrote:
> 10. des. 2013 kl. 15:00 skrev Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
> <ras...@rasterman.com>:
>
>> how about you use the release tarballs as everyone should who doesn't want
>> bleeding-edge git, and you compile things as per the insructions in the
>> README's and the web page giving the order to compile things. it's well
>> documented.
> I apologize for the seemingly dumb question. I remembered seeing someone
> (think it was you) mention a building script some time ago but my google-fu
> failed me. I see now that EFL have swallowed up a lot of the minor libraries
> and the task is far less daunting.
>
> I will do as you suggest and I’m sorry for the noise. For what it’s worth,
> I’m very glad to see new releases of enlightenment again as e16 was a bit
> long in the tooth (yet still my preferred WM). Been an enlightenment user for
> 14-15 years now. :)

This is not a dumb question, this is a beginners question. This is
really different.
It is not related to your intelligence, but a lack of knowledge on a point.

Your problem is a dev problem.
So raster told you how to solve it fast and easy : take release tarballs
that has this part already done for you.
As a user, you shouldnt need to use latest git, and manage that kind of
things, and all the other possible breaks that our beloved borker is
currently comitting =)

Using latest ... svn, was only needed before the first release, for non
dev people.