On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 14:35:34 +0100 Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> said:

> On Sunday 25 Jun 2017 16:43:51 Carsten Haitzler wrote:

> > > Oh!  When I tried to attach /usr/bin/enlightenment just now gdb informed
> > > me that this was already being traced by the PID
> > > of /usr/bin/enlightenment_start. So I went to
> > > /usr/bin/enlightenment_start.
> >
> > killall -USR1 enlightenment_start
> >
> > to get it to stop   monitoring enlightement... :)
>
> Ha!  I thought it would also kill any children processes, but it didn't!  :-)
>
> OK, long backtrace uploaded here:
>
>  https://pastebin.com/xiAUmsin
>
> I see a lot of optimisations in there, probably because I built the packages
> with O2.

ooooh. driver (libdri) is stick on some fence operation of it's own... i'm
afraid you seem to have hit a driver bug. unless you have enabled in the
compositor settings under misc "grab server during draw". this can help reduce
tearing in x... but it could lock out other clients from releasing some lock or
triggering the fence... :/ this shouldnt really be the case but it in theory
could be. if you dont have grabs enabled... then its a driver bug. :/