On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 5:48 PM, Brendan Eich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > I said that many on the committee were in favor, notionally and in > some details, of much of JS1.7's "convenience features", and some > beyond: > > let as new var > destructuring assignment and binding forms > generators (modulo keyword issue) > expression closures > spread operator > rest parameters > optional parameters
I am in favor of all these including "destructuring binding forms". But I don't know what "destructuring assignment" is. I'm also in favor of some kind of class sugar and some kind of dynamic type-like annotation on variables, properties, and function return values. The two I'm most nervous about are generators and the type-like annotations. Since generators are shallow, it seems clear that there should be some local cps-style transform of generators into the remainder of the language. However, it would be a relief to know what that cps-style transform actually looks like, and what edge cases it has. Anyone care to post a proposal? Regarding type-like annotations, I think the proposal at <http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:types> is heading in a good direction. -- Cheers, --MarkM _______________________________________________ Es-discuss mailing list [email protected] https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

