On 11/22/10 10:13, Brendan Eich wrote:
     { foo : G : 33 }

0. let typedObj = { foo : 33 } : { foo : G }; // a la ES4

1. let typedObj = { foo :: G : 33 };          // the guards strawman

2. let typedObj = { (foo : G) : 33 };         // the ML-ish way

3. let typedObj = { foo @ G : 33 };           // funny cartoon chars

Good list.  Out of those five, the only one I'd find compelling would be the
first:

{ foo : G : 33 }

Alternatives 0, 1, and 3 have the problems that were already well-stated.  2
has strange placement of parentheses.

If we're brainstorming, I'd throw out an alternative for the object initializer
syntax:

{name: value}   // What we have now, for compatibility
{name = value}  // Identical behavior to {name: value}
{name: type = value}  // Adding a type annotation

If we're looking at other ASCII characters for type annotations, a few other
characters such as the backtick might be an option:

{name`type: value}
{name!type: value}
{name%type: value}
{name~type: value}